Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Yankee Hat Cake

During the year I take my mini me to dance class every Saturday morning. You  probably wonder how do I go to work, go to school, do cakes,and still manage to take my daughter to dance class every Saturday morning (I'm still trying to figure this out myself) lol. One of the moms heard I was doing cakes, so she wanted something nice for her husband. After she thought long, and hard she decided she wanted a Yankee hat cake and 27 cupcakes to match. I said "sure I can do that."Of course I never did it before,but I willing to give it a try for the right price ; ). Thank god I had a round ball pan that I ordered off of TV to make ice cream cake years ago, that I never used. I'm known for ordering things off of infomercials and never using it. I still can't get my chopper to work, but that's another story lol. The Yankee hat cake was actually easy. I went online to print out the Yankee logo, and just used the exact knife to cut around the fondant. The cupcakes are buttercream with fondant accents. Now remember I said the lady ordered 27 cupcakes right? My daughter wanted to help me so bad, so I told her to count out 27 cupcakes for me. Well I didn't double check, and it was only 25. As I was getting in the car to make the delivery I mention 27 cupcakes. My mom looks in the box and says "That doesn't look like 27 cupcakes". Long and behold after counting twice it was only 25. Thank god I made extra cupcakes, so all I had to do was quickly decorate 2 more cupcakes. I'm learning between my mother dropping my sister cake, and my 5 year old not telling me the right amount of cupcakes,I'll have to hire some more people in the future lol ; )

No comments:

Post a Comment