Thursday, August 4, 2011

Adidas Sneaker Cake



An old friend from high school contacted me,and wanted an Adidas sneaker cake for her boyfriend's surprise party. I said sure I can do that for you. If you have been following me, I just started making cakes 3 months ago. Therefore, every cake I have done so far is for the first time. After I got off the phone with her, I was determine to figure out how to make this cake. Once I got an idea, I was little confident, but still nervous. I think my family,and friends got tired of me talking about this Adidas sneaker cake. I was suppose to do a test run, but I never got a chance to do it. That just added to the pressure of making this cake. The day before the cake was due, I was in a music video. I think my friends got tired of me talking about this cake, the whole time we were shooting the video lol. The cake was actually easy. I used a sneaker template to carve out the shape. I froze the cake for a few hours,and then I was able to carve the shape,and spoon out the back. I then covered it with fondant, and added the details. I think it's amazing I'm able to do these cakes. I literally say a prayer, and then zone out. Every cake has it's challenges. Once I put it in my mind that failing is not an option, I have no chose but to "Deliver"

No comments:

Post a Comment