Sunday, August 28, 2011

Betty Boop Cake

My friend came to me, and told me she wanted a Betty Boop cake for her younger sister surprise 21st birthday party. Of course I said sure (eventhough I didn't have an idea on how to do it). I wasn't sure if I wanted to chance ordering an edible image, since I never recieved the last one on time. Therefore, I came across a new technique called a buttercream transfer. It was fairly easy, and I loved the way the cake came out. I made Betty African American, and made edible lipstick and nailpolish.
I heard the birthday girl loved her cake so much she didn't let anyone cut the cake. She took the whole cake home. When she finally cut the cake she said it was really good. Next time I'll add some cupcakes so the guest can have some cake as well lol. ; )

No comments:

Post a Comment