Sunday, August 28, 2011

Hand painted Leopard print cake with edible vanilla shoe

This cake was made for my mom's 45th birthday.The cake is covered in purple fondant and hand painted with black,gold, and brown leopard print. The shoe is made from vanilla candy mold  and hand carved with a knife.

I wanted to do something special for mom's birthday cake.  My mom is everything to me, and is not only my mom, but my best friend. She had me when she was only 16 years old while my father was sent to federal prison when I was 3 months old. My mom was suppose to be a statistic, but she was determined to have a better life for herself. She finished highschool and went on to get her degree. At 21 years old she became a home owner, owning her own co-op. She is now the head of fiances for the department of Social Services. She is one person I will forever admire for her drive, her Independence, and her ambition. I definitely appreciate all the things she has instilled in me, that's why I'm the woman I am today!

Happy Birthday Mommy!





No comments:

Post a Comment